We invite you to participate in THE GREAT GARDEN CHALLENGE AND JOIN the VNLA’s VT Blooms Passport Event by visiting nurseries, greenhouses, garden centers and berry/flower farms over the next several months. Let the trekking begin!
The event runs from May 1-October 31, 2023.
HERE’S HOW THE VERMONT PASSPORT EVENT
(via the Eventzee App) WORKS & WHAT YOU CAN WIN!
- Download the Eventzee App HERE, set up your account and enter the code VNLABLOOMS.
- You will see a list of 23 VNLA and VT Vegetable and Berry Grower Association members to visit all over the state.
- Each business will have a poster displayed at their place of business with their own personal QR code you will need to scan. Once scanned you earn a “badge” in the App.
- There is a series of quizzes and photo/video challenges that once completed, will earn you a badge for each set.
- Earn 10 badges and you will win a 2023 Vermont Flower Show cotton tote bag w/beautiful artwork.
- Earn 15 badges and the first 23 people will win a $25 gift certificate from one of the participating businesses.
- Earn all 23 badges and the first 5 people will win one of the following prizes:
- a handcrafted stone 3′ bench donated by Crafted Landscapes, LLC
- a Magnolia Tree donated by Rocky Dale Gardens
- a 2 hr. landscape design consultation donated by Ashley Robinson, Landscape Designer
- 3 yards of compost
- 3 Flowering Shrubs
- Earn all 23 badges and you will be entered into the GRAND PRIZE drawing to win a $250 gift certificate of your choice to one of the participating businesses. The winner will be announced by November 15, 2023.
- The Vermont Blooms Passport Event runs from May 1 – October 31, 2023.
VISIT THE PARTICIPATING NURSERIES / GREENHOUSES / GARDEN CENTERS / BERRY / FLOWER FARMS
Each name below links to the website of each participating member business. Before you visit in-person PLEASE CHECK for hours/days of operation. Some of these businesses have shorter seasons and are not open through October.
- Ander Bell Acres, East Montpelier
- Arcana Gardens & Greenhouses, Jericho
- Claussens Florist, Greenhouse & Perennial Farm, Colchester
- Covered Bridge Blueberry Farm, Underhill
- Elmore Roots Fruit Tree Nursery, Elmore
- Evergreen Gardens of VT, Waterbury Center
- Full Circle Gardens, Essex
- Glebe Mountain Gardens & Nursery, Londonderry
- Green Country Corners, Swanton
- Golden Russet Farm, Shoreham
- Greenhaven Gardens & Nursery, New Haven
- Honey Field Farm, Norwich
- Horsford Gardens & Nursery, Charlotte
- Hudak Farm, Swanton
- Marijke’s Perennial Gardens Plus, Starksboro
- Mettowee Mint, Dorset
- Miller Hill Farm, Nursery & Gardens, Sudbury
- Paquette Full of Posies, Williston
- Peet Farm Greenhouses, Cornwall
- Red Wagon Plants, Hinesburg
- Rocky Dale Gardens, Bristol
- Sam Mazza’s Farm Market, Colchester
- Silver Spring Farm, Hinesburg
The Vermont Blooms Passport Event ends on 10/31/23. Please contact the VNLA with any questions: firstname.lastname@example.org.