The Vermont Nursery & Landscape Association (VNLA)/Green Works is a non-profit professional organization, representing Vermont’s green industry professionals since 1964. The VNLA represents growers, retailers, garden centers, nurserymen and women, landscape designers and contractors, maintenance experts, arborists, turf specialists, industry representatives, allied trades-people, students, and educators throughout Vermont and beyond.
The VNLA’s mission is to support and strengthen the horticulture industry of Vermont by creating greater awareness of the benefits of landscaping and promoting the professional services and products of our members to the buying public.
The VNLA is a place to network, share information and ideas, and advocate for positive change within our industry. We are committed to being a powerful marketing vehicle and information resource for our members and the public. The VNLA is here to serve Vermont’s green industry and promote high standards of professionalism. We welcome your participation and membership.
- The VNLA/Green Works Website provides each member with tools to create an individual profile including: a description of your business & accomplishments; a slide show of 12 photos of your business and/or work; plus a link to your company’s website. It includes a searchable directory by member name, business category and region that is available to the public. Interactive features of the website give members access to Green Works marketing materials, free job postings and classified ads, and up-to-date industry news and information.
- The Dirt, the VNLA’s quarterly newsletter packed with news and information is mailed free. Members receive a discount on display ads and free classifed ads.
- Receive VNLA timely email updates and alerts, with current industry news, opportunities and events from New England and beyond.
- Receive discounted admission to VNLA/Green Works Programming and Educational Opportunities. This includes the Winter and Summer Meetings & Trade Shows that feature acclaimed keynote speakers and other Green Works seminars, workshops, and tours held throughout the year.
- The Vermont Flower Show is the VNLA’s biennial public exhibition with over 10,000 attendees and 100 vendors from all over New England. Members work together behind the scenes to produce one of the region’s most successful flower shows, including the Grand Garden Display. This is an excellent opportunity for members to network and showcase their talent. Members receive discounted vendor exhibit space.
- The Industry Awards Program showcases members’ excellent design skills, craftsmanship, and horticultural knowledge. Winners are announced statewide through press releases, and are featured in a full color newspaper insert distributed throughout Vermont. Winning projects are displayed at the Vermont Flower Show.
- The Vermont Certified Horticulturist Program is designed to further educate and certify the Green Industry professional and present to the public the added value of hiring a Vermont Certified Horticulturist. Our program has reciprocity with other New England states.
For more information about the Vermont Nursery & Landscape Association please contact us.