A Vermont Nursery & Landscape Association (VNLA)/Green Works membership is an outstanding way to generate exposure for your business and services. We are a non-profit professional organization, representing Vermont’s green industry professionals since 1964. The VNLA represents growers, retailers, garden centers, nurserymen and women, landscape designers and contractors, maintenance experts, arborists, turf specialists, industry representatives, allied trades-people, students, and educators throughout Vermont and beyond.
The VNLA’s mission is to support and strengthen the horticulture industry of Vermont by creating greater awareness of the benefits of landscaping and promoting the professional services and products of our members to the buying public.
The VNLA is a place to network, share information and ideas, and advocate for positive change within our industry. We are committed to being a powerful marketing vehicle and information resource for our members and the public. The VNLA is here to serve Vermont’s green industry and promote high standards of professionalism. We welcome your participation and membership.
From our members:
“We are proud to be a member of the VNLA/Green Works. We feel that the organization does a great job of supporting education within the industry. In addition, it provides a forum for all those involved in Vermont’s green industry to learn from each other and is an important network for both the supply side of the business and the consumer end of it”.
Josh Cohen, Vermont Stone & Horticulture, LLC, Burlington, VT
“As a member of the VNLA/Green Works for over 20 years, we heartily recommend all Vermont companies, educators, and students in the horticulture industry to support Vermont’s local, non-profit professional organization and become VNLA members. The VNLA is an essential resource for the VT landscaping and gardening industry, connecting buyers and sellers, providing educational services, promoting ecological and conservational environmental practices, and generating excitement about what’s up and coming in the industry. As a long time member, we have used the VNLA to educate and certify our employees, to help promote our company, our staff and our services, to publicize our job openings, and to meet other professionals in our industry. We are looking forward to collaborating with the VNLA for many years to come.”
Gardener’s Supply Company, Burlington/Williston, VT and Lebanon, NH
“Our membership in VNLA over the years has been very beneficial to our business, giving us the ability to work closely with other members through networking events and meetings. VNLA members are the key type of customers in the nursery and landscape trades that we would like to supply. Being a member lets us know that they are as passionate about plants as we are. We enjoy being able to help support the many events that VNLA is a part of, including the flower show. Being able to show the general public gardens in full bloom during the winter is a great way to get more people involved in gardening and landscaping, and letting them find the full benefit it brings to their lives”.
Ray DeFeo, Prides Corner Farm, Lebanon, CT
- The VNLA/Green Works Website provides each member with tools to create an individual profile including: a description of your business & accomplishments; a slide show of 12 photos of your business and/or work; plus a link to your company’s website. It includes a searchable directory by member name, business category and region that is available to the public. Interactive features of the website give members access to Green Works marketing materials, free job postings and classified ads, and up-to-date industry news and information.
- The Dirt, the VNLA quarterly newsletter packed with industry news and information is emailed in digital format. Members receive a discount on display ads and free classified ads.
- Receive VNLA timely email updates and alerts, with current industry news, opportunities and events from New England and beyond.
- Receive discounted admission to VNLA Programming and Educational Opportunities. This includes the Winter and Summer Meetings & Trade Shows that feature acclaimed keynote speakers and other VNLA seminars, workshops, and tours held throughout the year.
- The Vermont Flower Show is the VNLA’s biennial public exhibition with over 10,000 attendees and 100 vendors from all over New England. Members work together behind the scenes to produce one of the region’s most successful flower shows, including the Grand Garden Display. This is an excellent opportunity for members to network and showcase their talent. Members receive discounted vendor exhibit space.
- The Industry Awards Program showcases members’ excellent design skills, craftsmanship, and horticultural knowledge. Winners are announced statewide through press releases, and are featured in a full color newspaper insert distributed throughout Vermont. Winning projects are displayed at the Vermont Flower Show.
- The Vermont Certified Horticulturist Program is designed to further educate and certify the Green Industry professional and present to the public the added value of hiring a Vermont Certified Horticulturist. Our program has reciprocity with other New England states.