Join Red Wagon’s RETAIL TEAM this spring in Hinesburg, VT.
Our retail crew is the face of the operation and we count on our staff to be knowledgeable, courteous, and confident. Since 2020 we now have multiple ways of shopping at Red Wagon, in person and online. When not helping customers and fulfilling online orders, people on the retail crew are moving plants all day long, restocking, and keeping the greenhouses clean and tidy. We are continuously making room in the retail greenhouses for new plants from the production greenhouses, creating displays and filling our space with color. We expect our retail crew to have a strong memory so that they can recognize our regular customers, remember plant names and also know where all the plants are located. Our retail crew is responsible for watering and maintaining plant health within the retail greenhouses. We have a fun work atmosphere with fellow plant lovers, a paid lunch break, free plants for your own garden, and a beautiful work environment.
Requirements for joining our Retail Team:
- You have worked in a retail garden center, a vegetable or flower farm, for a landscaper or a nursery OR you have at least 5 years of experience gardening in a climate like Vermont’s.
- You are a gardener and plant lover with a strong background of gardening in Vermont.
- You have a growing interest in perennials, annuals, container gardening, vegetable gardening, you have the confidence to give advice to beginner and more advanced gardeners.
- You are physically fit to work outdoors in all weather and lift heavy plants repeatedly.
- You are friendly, kind, and patient.
- You are able to keep your calm in a busy and crowded retail setting.
- You can work independently and have a sense of responsibility.
- Seasonal Positions only, Mid April through June – with possible part time work July and August.
- Full time positions available (30 hrs/week minimum)
- Daily schedule varies for each position, 4 to 5 days a week, and must be available for 1 weekend shift per week.
If you would like to apply, please contact: Retail Manager, Lily Belisle, email@example.com with a resume, 3 references, and a cover letter describing why you’d like to work with plants and with Red Wagon. Tell us what you love most about gardening! Show us why you want to share your love of gardening with others.