The former Mettowee Mill Nursery in Dorset Vermont, has reopened spring 2021 as a full- service garden and floral design center. Building on a 45 year tradition, our mission is to provide the tools to create healthy, biodiverse landscapes and timeless ornamental gardens, encouraging a mutually beneficial relationship with the natural world. Our approach will be sustainable and regenerative, while fostering community connections. The Mettowee’s 4.5 acre campus includes a 1,500 sq. ft. retail store and coffee bar, a 2,000 sq. ft. glass greenhouse, 10 additional greenhouses, barns, and ponds, all situated on the banks of Mettowee River.
We are currently seeking an experienced perennial grower with superb customer service skills. This position is a full-time, seasonal role. Compensation is $18-$23/hr.
- Passionate about horticulture and a formal education in plant & soil science, or botany.
- Professional nursery experience with perennials, including maintenance and sales.
- Propagation experience a plus.
- High level of organizational skills with specific ability to prioritize activities including managing inventory and optimizing labor.
- Experienced in leading, managing and delegating to a team.
Responsibilities to include:
- Develop and manage growing and care protocols for perennials for retail distribution.
- Plan and control inventory, from budgeting and ordering through care and retail sale.
- Assist customers with selections, providing excellent customer service in fast paced environment.
This is a rare opportunity to shape the plant program of an established 45 year old nursery in rebirth. Please send a brief email outlining your experience and interest, along with a PDF resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.