Claussen’s Florist, Greenhouse & Perennial Farm is looking for a Full-time qualified candidate to assist our head grower and watering team. The grower assistant will be involved in all aspects of plant growth, maintenance and watering. We provide the highest quality plant material, this job is to control all inputs into the greenhouse system, which include heat, fertilizer, and pesticides.
We are looking for a candidate that is enthusiastic about this industry, willing to learn new techniques, doesn’t mind long days of watering and moving plant material. The successful applicant must be outgoing and enjoy working with our team and our customers (some customer service is required).
Candidates should have a genuine interest in the horticultural field. Basic plant knowledge and/or work experience in handling, growing, and caring for ornamental plant material is a benefit, but not necessary. Being able to work independently when needed and as a team is essential.
- Assist growers in transplanting
- Use of fertilizer, pesticides etc.
- Ability to inspect plant growth and maintenance
- Watering plant material
- Some customer service is required.
- Working independently and with a team.
- 1+ years experience in the horticulture field and/or education.
- Pesticide application license required.
- Knowledge and identification of a variety of plants is required.
- Ability to lift up to 35+ lbs.
- Ability to work in adverse greenhouse conditions, with hot and cold temperatures
- Ability to stand and consistently moving around on feet all day.
- We are looking to Full-time positions (40+ hrs), weekends are a must.
- Great work ethics, willingness to learn.
Compensation is based upon previous experience, plant knowledge, and willingness to learn ranges between $15.00 – $18.00 per hour.
Start date: Immediately
Weekends are mandatory